»» More Romance Tips and Travel Articles
Romantic Getaways in Canada
Although Canada has a reputation for experiencing more
than its share of winter's deep-freeze, it also has
a well-deserved reputation for having one of the
most spectacular and natural vistas in the world.
If you're searching for romantic getaways
or a honeymoon destination, why not take a trip across
this vast and beautiful country?
- A journey to Alberta's Rocky Mountains offers
stunning views to soothe the spirit and relax the mind.
Visit the famous Banff and Jasper National Parks and
experience the wonder of crystal-clear mountain lakes
and snow-capped mountains. Take a horseback ride
together through the popular trails, or curl up in
a romantic room and watch the sunset touch the
- Just across the Alberta border lies Mount Robson
Park. Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Rockies,
is easily spotted and the nearby Visitor Centre offers
plentiful information about what to do in the area.
Romantic getaways are easy to find in the area, with
numerous private cabins, luxurious bed & breakfasts,
and other accommodations scattered nearby.
- Does your idea of the perfect honeymoon destination
include sparkling water views? The provinces of
(the westernmost province in Canada) and Ontario
(in central Canada) are particularly well-known for
their beautiful lakes.
If it's the fresh ocean air that you're looking for,
head to the west coast of British Columbia or into the
Maritime provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick,
Newfoundland, or Prince Edward Island.
- Want something a little different? The Northwest
Territories, the Yukon Territory, and the new Nunavut
are the northern parts of Canada few people have the
opportunity to explore. View the panoramic scenery,
watch for wildlife, or take a dog-sled tour.
- No one can resist the spectacular fall colours in
Eastern Canada, when leaves turn shades of gold, red,
orange, forming brilliant canvasses of colour. Take
a quiet paddle through one of Ontario's many lakes
and soak in the romantic setting... or visit one of the
many charming rural towns in Quebec.
- Drawn to the sights, sounds, and history of the
big city? Canada's bigger cities each offer their own
unique ambiance. For example:
- Explore the historic Montreal and Quebec City.
- Take in the numerous attractions in Toronto, or use it as your base while you explore the surrounding countryside.
- Visit Parliament Hill in Ottawa (and don't forget to go skating on the Rideau
Canal in the winter - it's a Canadian tradition!).
- Stroll through beautiful Vancouver, whose year-round
mild temperatures make it perfect for taking in outdoor
- Take a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride in Victoria.
- Visit Edmonton, Canada's "festival-city", and
enjoy a walk along the beautiful River Valley.
- Spend your days browsing through Calgary's many shops and
attractions, or take day trips out to the mountains.
Whether you're visiting Canada or you live in Canada,
this country offers plenty to see and do - and in one
of the most beautiful & romantic natural environments
in the world. Come find your romantic getaway!
This article is provided courtesy of:
Heavenly Hideaways - Canada's Guide to Romantic Getaways! Find cozy inns, boutique hotels, honeymoon resorts, bed & breakfasts,
spas, adult-oriented accommodation, cottages, and cabins. Ideal for romantic weekend getaways, anniversaries, honeymoons and weddings. Take some time to get away from it all and enjoy a couples-only holiday!