»» More Romance Tips and Travel Articles
Couple-Friendly Activities for a Romantic Vacation
- Relax... take advantage of the fireplace, jacuzzi, or
views from your romantic suite. Or grab a couple of drinks
and head pool-side.
- Indulge in a luxurious spa treatment together. Yes,
men, that means you too! Spas offer many types of deeply
relaxing massages as well as other rejuvenating treatments.
- Get out onto the water, whether it's a quiet paddle
in a canoe or kayak together, or whether you prefer a
- Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through the city.
Cuddle up beneath the blankets, sip on hot chocolate,
and watch the city go by.
- Are the two of you more adventurous in spirit? Take
a romantic horseback ride! Even if you don't know how to
ride a horse (or could use a refresher), a ranch or guide
can provide you with both gentle horses and an experienced
rider to help you enjoy your trip to the fullest.
- Share a bottle of wine and a romantic dinner. Ask
if your hotel will deliver the meal to your room, along
with some flowers and a sumptuous dessert for the two
of you to enjoy in private.
- Do something different! Instead of chocolates and
wine, how about booking a dog-sled tour? See the sights
and sounds of the countryside from your own snuggly
sled, with an experienced musher to guide the dogs.
- Take a self-drive sight-seeing tour around the
countryside. Pack a picnic lunch and some snacks,
and stop whenever you feel like it to enjoy the
views and one another's company.
- Get out and enjoy the outdoors. In the summer, take
a romantic walk through the woods or near the water...
or climb a mountain and gaze upon the vistas below. In
the winter, take a snow-shoe trek through newly-fallen
snow, or experience an invigorating day of skiing.
Then return to your romantic getaway resort and indulge
in some hot chocolate in front of a blazing fireplace.
This article is courtesy of:
Heavenly Hideaways - Romantic Vacations in Canada! Find a romantic getaway to suit your tastes: charming inns, luxury hotels, upscale resorts, secluded cottages and cabins, or cozy Bed & Breakfasts.
Also available are couples-only lodging, boutique hotels, and unique adventure getaways for your honeymoon, anniversary, wedding, or other special romantic occasion.