Planning a Surprise Romantic Getaway
Many of us have dreamed about being whisked away for a romantic holiday,
away from the demands of daily life and with nothing to do but relax with
a partner. Surprising your sweetie with a romantic getaway, even if it's
just for a weekend, is a great way to reconnect and have some fun! Here
are a few ideas on how to plan and prepare a surprise vacation...
- Find a place and make the reservations. As you look around for that perfect
getaway accommodation, think about:
- What type of lodging does your partner prefer? For example, an intimate
bed & breakfast, a secluded cottage, luxurious spa, or a cozy inn?
- What setting does your partner find most romantic? Some people love the
romance and lights of the big city, while others prefer the seclusion
- Is there any place that has special meaning to your partner - or to the
two of you as a couple? You could arrange to stay in the city or town
where you first met... or where you had your first kiss. Or perhaps
there's someplace that she's always wanted to visit but never had a
- How will you get the reservation confirmation? You wouldn't want the hotel
inadvertantly calling you to confirm - and have your partner take the
call! Let the reservation agent or host know that you are planning a
surprise and give them a way to contact you so that your partner will
not accidentally find out about your surprise.
- Pick a time when you're both available. With work and family obligations,
this might be a bit tricky but still do-able. Be careful not to be too obvious -
after all, you want it to be a surprise!
- Take care of the logistics. If you're travelling out of the country, for
instance, first make sure you have valid passports. Make sure you've arranged for
appropriate child-care or pet-sitting if the getaway is going to be just the two of
you. Take care of house-sitting arrangements, mail pick-up, and other such tasks so
that you and your partner will not have the stress of dealing with them at the last
- Research a few romantic activities you can do together. Does your partner
love the beauty of a sparkling blue lake? Find a romantic waterfront spot where you
can take a picnic lunch. Has he always wanted to see a favourite sports team, band,
or play in person? Arrange your romantic getaway around those dates if you can, and
pick up tickets. Again, make sure that the tickets aren't accidentally intercepted
by your partner!
- Plan on how you're going surprise your sweetie. When, where, and how will
you tell him? Some people adore surprises and would love it if their partner had
everything packed and ready to go. Your partner might prefer to be surprised a little
earlier so that they have a little time to react!
There are so many options for a surprise romantic getaway, depending on your time,
budget, and interests. A little planning can go a long way towards that perfect romantic
© Copyright 2005, Heavenly Hideaways. This article
may not be produced in any form without permission, however,
you are welcome to link to it (simply copy & paste the code
below to your website).
This article is provided courtesy of:
Heavenly Hideaways - Romantic Getaways for Couples! From cozy romantic inns to luxurious spas, there's a romantic vacation idea for everyone.